Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chapter 12

" i find no problem in adapting to new places/people/food/culture. i guess it's just in my blood that i'm a nomad. a modern-day nomad. and i'm lovin' it. " - Emmanuel Lo

Please don't get me wrong. I love my country, my friends, my family, and all the good food that you can get in Malaysia. But being here in the States, I just have to love everything, not for the sake of staying here for at least 3 more years, nor for the sake of survival, I love being here because I found everything to be so cool, and it's one hell of a great experience. I'm talking about life experience. And IF, a big IF, I were given a chance, or it's God's will to put me in the States, I would really love to stay. I can say that I never ever love a new place, until I found Oklahoma. Hong Kong is good for shopping, China is good for awesome food, but it's not even close, comparing to Oklahoma. I am officially an Oklahoman, well, at least for the next 5 years, because I'm carrying a state ID that writes Oklahoma.

You learn a lot when you are out here all alone. That's the best thing. Sometimes I am afraid, but for most of the time, I would really like to try new things. Trial and error, find the best solution. How much do you like Mexican food? I like fajitas, that's all I can say. Been to Pepe Delgados, Chipotle, Alfredos, On The Border, Ted's, and more to come. Honestly, I have no idea what's burrito, enchiladas, tortillas, fajitas, quesadillas until I came here.

I have to remind myself constantly that this would be the last few years in my life that I could actually have fun, because it would be a real life out there when I start to work in the very near future. Well, I can see that I'm already having fun, and not missing the best part of university life so far! It's awesome, and you have to thank God for that!

And I just got myself a new camera lens. A treat from all the hard work at the back of kitchen, washing dishes for that 1 whole month, and carrying trash to that awful back alley. Dang it.


Will be going to Missouri in 1 week time. Can't wait for it! Hopefully after that could go to Texas. But for sure I will be in Dallas for the weekend before classes start. And there it goes for LA, after my Summer classes finish in early August. That sounds just so amazing. And maybe a trip to beach, or water park.

Been very lazy these days. Just sit around, and watch lots of movies, and hit the gym 3 times per week. And I put on weight, 70kg, which is good. Like real goood.

-currently watching Dexter season 2. it's just so bloody awesome pawsome

2 comments:

  1. emmanuel, u from sabah lou become hong kong lou n now become oklahoma lou d!! hahaha...ur summer plan sounds good! hv fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. of cos i will have fun. u have fun also ok? dont worry bout me! hope to see u guys soon though. miss u! miss hanging out with u guys and talk all sorts of nonsense! hehaheha

    ReplyDelete